Friday, September 16, 2011

A Gift!

Sometimes when Adrian goes on business trips, he brings something back for me or Taylor. Usually it is something he picked up along his way - a free stress ball with a company logo on it, a whistle, or some other tchotchke he picked up at a tradeshow. I know, very exciting.

So you can imagine my excitement when he returned home from a quick trip to San Fran and announced he had a gift for me.

"Oh, really? Is it another hotel shower cap?"
"Nope."

"Sprite?" (He gets those free in the Delta Lounge and then brings them back to Taylor)


"Nope. You will never guess. I will just show you when we're at home." My excitement was at about a 1, but that quickly changed to a 10 when he pulled this out (a nook color):

I love getting great gifts, especially when he gets them free (he won a drawing, like always)! He won his Kindle the same way about a year ago. Now we won't be fighting over the Kindle. But we might be fighting over the nook (although he did declare it mine as he handed it over).

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

hahahah I'm seriously laughing so hard right now! I love Adrian's sense of humor! And I am jealous of your new toy! Love you and miss you!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing at those ridiculous gifts. I give this post a 10. Unlike the post you did on our cruise

Tiffany said...

And i'm still laughing. Tell him I want a shower cap next time too!

Annie said...

Oooo, what a cool gift! Sadly, I'm always on the giving away end of those kind of gifts, I'm never eligible to win any of them.

Tasha said...

What an awesome gift!

Stephanie Evans said...

FUN!!! So... do you need a cover for it?! I bought one at the Border's closeout sales for $1 and it is normally $40. I don't have a nook, but figured it was too good a deal to turn down! You can have it if you want!

MamaD said...

Lucky girl!

Laney said...

So jealous.