Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Help!

It is time for me to buy a new car seat for Taylor, and I have no idea what to get. Any suggestions? Does it matter if it only goes up to 40 lbs? I don't even know how old a kid is when he/she reaches 40 lbs. I have tried to read reviews, and it sounds like they are all okay; however prices range from about $90-$300. Any help or advice you have would be much appreciated!

12 comments:

Aaron said...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2674122

Recaro seats are the BEST!

This is the one we bought Joseph. Better quality build and fits him more safe and snug than the other seat we have in Lisa's car.

Lindsay said...

I LOVE Britax. We have the Marathon for both of our kids and they fit in it until they're 65 lbs. It is a bit of an investment at $200-something, but it is well worth it!

Betzy said...

I must second that motion about the BRITAX Marathon because we also have one for Yahnissi. Trust me I've been doing research on every imagineable website and it came down to two 1st choice obviously was the BRITAX because of its safety ratings and the fact that she'll be able to use it w/ the 5 point harness upto 65 lbs the second choice would've been the ALPHA OMEGA which goes upto 100 lbs but wasn't anywhere close to the other safety and funtional features as the BRITAX so...now that I've just made an advertisement for BRITAX I will close! :-) (Betzy)

Sara said...

We also have a Britax and love it. It is one of the safest car seats you can buy and it is really soft. I like the way they look too.

Lexie said...

The only thing I would recomend is that it isn't HUGE! Kate's is pretty big, so putting it in the car with Macie's really takes up the whole backseat. But I don't know any specific ones that are good.

Anonymous said...

Kate is almost 2 1/2 (maybe I should refer to her as Kathryn... so as not to confuse with the COUSIN Kate). She weighs almost 30lbs. She is tall and skinny for her age, but we're getting ready to get her one that is bigger. If that helps.

Jennifer Rose said...

Pretty sure I am late on this post, but I thought I would give you my input. I am pretty big into car seat safety- I have been to a couple of car seat safety classes. They said there that it really doesn't matter the brand, but that it is the right fit for your baby (rear or forward facing, right weight, etc). We bought a convertible seat that goes up to 40 lbs for Sarah and then after that we will buy a booster. Anyway, hope that helps.

Candi & Ezra said...

Hi Natalie! We bought a Britax marathon for Avery. They are expensive at Babiesrus, but I found one online for $200, no tax, free shipping. Just google it and you can find some good deals that bring the higher quality,longer lasting Britax down close to the price of an Alpha Omega or cheaper brand. Just my thoughts. Happy searching!

Melissa said...

I have a Britax ($300) and a Cosco ($100), I love both of them.

Boss said...

I don't remember all of our criteria for choosing Sam's first non-infant car seat, which is now being used by Grace. But I do know that what I like about it now is that the straps are easy to adjust from the front of the seat, even with Grace already buckled in. Also, it's quick and easy to buckle -- some seats have crazy puzzle type buckles that you have to fit together in the right order. Who has time for that with a wiggly toddler?

Amber said...

we love our britax. so easy to use and super simple to clean. it is pricey but we love it. it also sits up high so abygail and jackson can see things out the window were as some are lower and they cannot see.

Laurie Gustafson said...

So, I'm a little late looking at this, and you have probably already got one for Taylor, but I wanted to let you know that we have a Britax and LOVE it. I actually have the Britax Roundabout which I love because it isn't too big. I can still fit 3 car seats if needed (when taking other friends kids) in the back of my accord and have everyone fit comfortably. It goes up to 40 lbs, but Sam is out of it so that Grace could use it and he still hasn't hit 40 lbs. He now uses a high back booster, so I didn't need any larger of a weight limit, and I like that it is small enough to move around and fit other car seats in the car.