1. Natalie used her 3 year old sewing machine
2. Natalie made chicken pot pie
3. Taylor rolled over (was it a fluke? maybe...)

It is so fun being a stay-at-home mom. I have a lot more time to try out new recipes and be more of a homemaker. This week I finally pulled out the sewing machine I got as a college graduation present from my mom. The whole idea of me with a sewing machine became a family joke for awhile, I mean seriously, me, sew? But my mom kept telling me that after I had kids I would want one. Well, she was right! I keep noticing little projects that I want to do with my sewing machine. The first was hemming some curtains hanging in Taylor's room. Something simple that gave me the confidence to keep sewing! The other project I am working on is making stockings for Adrian and Taylor.
As far as new recipes, I decided to try out a Chicken Pot Pie recipe that is in my mom's cookbook. It turned out great! Cooking is another thing that I have started enjoying more now that Taylor is around. It's easier to get excited about making a great meal when I haven't been at work all day. Adrian loved the pot pie, so yet another thing to boost my confidence! We only have about 5 recipes that we make over and over, and I am trying to expand it. If you have any great recipes, let me know.
(Taylor & his cousin Macie)And the best news of all, Taylor rolled over! It is so fun to watch him grow and learn new tricks. His best one is getting his socks off when he is laying on the floor, but that one is not as exciting as rolling over. He has rolled over twice now, and we are hoping it is becoming a skill, and not just a fluke.
3 comments:
C'mon Natalie! Don't you remember the fun times we had in sewing class our senior year... I'm surprised you haven't been sewing up a storm since then.
Do you still wear that robe you made with embroidered pansies?
That pot pie looks gorgeous! Yummy. Good luck with the sewing thing.
I knew you would develop the same love for your sewing machine that I have of mine! We should both be experts after sewing class in 1990, and the lesson on how to use our machines. I have now doubt you're an excellent seamstress!
Post a Comment